Sunday 15 May 2011

Bless My Bread...



Bless my bread,
I should be in bed
But I sit here alone with my guitar instead.
Strum and Strum
With my thumb
“I’ve got the bread blues” I sing and hum.
Knead then prove
Then knock it smooth,
And prove again… THEN we can groove.
One hour, two,
Yes it’s true
Three hours of love is what I must do.
 An Obsession?
More a Confession…
A shop run was out of the question.
We had run out,
There was no doubt,
No lunches tomorrow: a World Title Bout.
I love it.
I can’t help it.
Fresh homemade bread, there’s nothing like it!

It’s Sunday night, it’s late and I really need to get to sleep.
I can tell I'm getting tired because I just rhymed "it" with "it"... twice. Crickey, that's some high quality poetry right there. Only the privileged get to read here at Bless My Soul. I really, really should get some sleep.
But I have to wait until the bread is baked.
Yes, that’s right. I, most of the time, bake the family’s bread. When we run out, it’s off to Baker’s Delight (and ONLY Baker’s Delight…).
WHY THE HECK DO YOU BOTHER?!?! CRAZY $#&%^#!!!
Not only does it taste like nothing you’ve ever had before, but you know EXACTLY what’s going into it. The more I read, the more I am becoming aware of what is in our food these days… and the more is scares the hell out of me (especially in regards to the kids). Our apples aren’t the same, our milk isn’t the same, and our bread isn’t the same. Making money is more important than looking after the people you sell your product to…
I love making my own bread, I love growing my own veggies (although we’re a bit limited being in a rental… I can’t wait until we buy again!!) and I love teaching my kids how to look after their bodies. It’s a lot of hard work, but seeing the results in your kids through behavioural, social and emotional changes is so motivating. I tell you now, if your children drive you crazy just take a good hard look at what they eat and drink. I have been writing down everything that my three have been consuming, as well as behaviour patterns throughout the day and I can honestly say that there IS a link, there IS a pattern to what goes in and what behaviour comes out. The poor things, I feed them rubbish and then punish them for it… well, not anymore!!!
Now, I’m happy to say that I get most of my info from a website called
and the lady who started it, Sue Dengate, has written a book about it called (amazingly) Fed Up. Do your family a favour and check this out, my book is on it’s way and I can’t wait to implement the entire system properly and, of course, report back with my proper and concise results!!!

Wish me luck!!!
Eat well, drink water, live life with Love, and God Bless
Emily xxx

1 comment:

  1. Love the post - I LOVE baking bread too - nothing like it.
    The only thing I stay up for is when I've forgotten to have the kids uniforms ready, so I have to wait for the washing machine to finish!
    We are in a rental too - so it's container vege planting here. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete